Damson & Chicken Sausage Roll
300grms chicken thighs chopped into 1cm cubes
2 rashers of streaky bacon
2 spring onions
1 clove of garlic
1 small onion
1 tbsp Spicy Damson Plum Ketchup
2 sheets of flaky pastry
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Finely slice the bacon, spring onions, onion and garlic.
- Place in a bowl with the chicken mince.
- Add the Spicy Damson Plum Ketchup, salt and pepper and mix until combined well.
- Using Panton’s Flaky Pastry – roll out a sheet and place half of the chicken mixture in the middle on the pastry sheet, making sure it reaches both ends - Don’t overstuff.
- Repeat step 5 to use up the balance of the mix.
- Brush pastry with a beaten egg.
- Place in the hot oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting them in half.
- Serve with Damson Plum Relish