Corn Fritters with Damson Relish
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups of sweet corn kernels
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Damson Plum Relish (to serve)
Place dry ingredients into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and whisk in eggs and milk to a smooth, thick batter. Fold in vegetables, and half the coriander.
Drop 2 tablespoons of batter per fritter onto a heated and oiled non-stick pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side or until golden.
Sprinkle the remaining coriander on the top of the fritters and serve with Damson Plum Relish.